/proc fs implementation under hurd

I've noticed that there is a placeholder "/proc" in the Hurd
distribution... is there plans to implement /proc under Hurd?
What are implementation plans for it; i.e. is it to be implemented
as a translator (or multiple translators); or something else
altogether?

I wanted to create some simple translators for a class project; that did
/proc-ish things, but as I'm new to Hurd (and gnumach) I'm not sure how to
get valuable information, and from which servers I can get it. Should I
check the CMU docs on Mach for this, or will that not get me anywhere?

Thanks,
S. A. Hutchins