Re: [Easy Guide] Re: GRUB 0.5.93.1 boot floppy released

On 19 Nov 1999, Paul Emsley wrote:

>     Matthew> The official version
>              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> 	I wouldl like to express my confusion the usage of "official
>       version" (I would imagine that many others were/are similarly
>       confused).  Elsewehere, in regard to GNU software, "official"
>       means "at the GNU site" - anything else is unofficial.  I think
>       that you should use the same nomenclature.

Well, the Easy Guide says at the top that the official version is on
www.pick.ucam.org - I'm based in the UK, and especialy with Kerberos, my
connectivity to gnudist sucks rocks (theres the small matter of my lost
password, but I have been sent a new one I think (not on my PGP machine
now)), so it makes sense for the version where I live to be the official
one - and as I said before it's linked to right at the top of the
guide....I fail to see why this should be confusing.

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."