RE: Problems installing Hurd

Thomasz,

First:  Please use text-only mail when sending to these lists.  Many
UNIX-based user's don't bother to enable HTML for
mere Mail reading, and many will just trash anything that comes in as HTML.
If you are unlucky enough to be running
Outlook (as I am) you will have to be ever-vigilant when replying.

As for the rest of your mail:

> I did the cross-install to /dev/hda4 (/gnu).
> I also made a grub floppy (from grub-boot.image)
> And then I reboot.
> And then a problem came:
> grub complains that there is no /boot/gnumach
The most likely cause of this is an "older" version of GRUB.  GRUB has only
recently adopted support for
compressed (gzip'ed) kernel images.  If you do a "gzip -d
/gnu/boot/gnumach.gz" and "gzip -d /gnu/boot/serverboot.gz"
you will most likely correct the problem.

> After a quick investigation I found that grub
> doesnt see /boot but /bootó
What kind of investigating did you do?  Are you running it through a
debugger, which might interpret
newlines as garbage characters?

Regards,

-Brent