Re: Trying to build the Hurd

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 09:55:07AM +0530, Kapil H. Paranjape wrote:

> By the way tetex-bin_1.0.6-1 builds on hurd. The 'dpkg-buildpackage
> -uc -B' method did not work for me but
> 	debian/rules build 'dpkg-architecture'
> 	debian/rules binary 'dpkg-architecture'
> did work.

Can you be more specific? dpkg-buildpackage does exactly that, so it
should work. Why did it not work?

> I don't think so. I too had to duplicate the hurd partition (to shift
> it) and the procedure seems to be complicated (correct me if I am
> wrong please Marcus).

Yes, but also use -p and --same-owner with tar (both times).

Or tar the image file of the partition.

"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>