nfsd status.

Is anybody else looking at the nfsd daemon?  On Marcus' suggestion
I tried it.

I was not able to mount anything from my GNU/Linux system.  I got an
ESTALE error from the server.  I tried to debug it with gdb but did not
get too far before I was called away.  It looks like several RPCs are
successfully attempted, but that the mount operation eventually fails.
It is some sort of a credentials problem.  It has been at least 10
years since I looked at NFS implementations, and the details of the
protocol have completely drained out of my porous memory, so I
can't tell exactly what the problem is.

I will continue to look at this, if noone else is interested.  I
should state, just for the record, that my code contributions are
still encumbered by my employer, so that any contribution I make
will have to be in the form of English instructions of how to fix
the problems.  I don't have any good feeling about how fast the
lawyers will get around to getting the releases I need.