Re: Screen

Hello,

Marcus Brinkmann said:
 > Also, you need to update glibc. As this is quite a huge task, you may prefer
 > to wait for me updating the Debian package, which will happen in one of the
 > next days. Screen will follow as a binary package very soon after.

I will wait. I don't think I am up to glibc building!

 > Did you modify the source at all? In this case the patches would be
 > interesting. (Context diff with diff -ur).

As it turns out no. I had to just type "dpkg-buildpackage -uc -B" in
the debianized source directory and wait. The following compile
without problems:

	rsync, ssmtp and elvis (with X libs from alpha.gnu.org)

I even managed to check the X support on elvis by remote login from
some other machine and that works fine too.

The earlier problem I had (getting "memory-object-data-error" or some
such) during builds has not appeared for a while ... but this is
probably a coincidence since the hurd has not changed (991022) on my
machine.

Thanks,

Kapil.
--