Re: new hurd package and mutt

On Wed, Oct 27, 1999 at 10:58:06PM +0100, Chris Lingard wrote:
> Perfection Marcus.  Down loaded 19991025.  It is loaded to a 990Mb partition.
> Set it up with three extra 990Mb partitions that were settransed to /home, /Debs
> and /Source, and also put the swap space in.  Loaded about 20 binary deb files.
> Rebooted several times.  No corruptions,  all partitions clean.

Great, thanks for doing all these tests. I can sleep better now, knowing
that our archives are back in a sane state again. Some people still see
breakage (Brent for example), but it should be reasonable sane now.

> Got the source for the latest version of bash and build it.  Re booted again,
> all OK.  It also can see my Zip drive;  what is with this plug and play?

I even see my parport drive here, and you can use mtools to access dos
partitions!

> Will now do battle to build the hurd.  Thanks earlier advise.  Got autoconf,
> automake, dpkg stuff and some documentation on Debian.

Fine. Just ask if something is unclear or doesn't work at first try.