Re: new hurd package and mutt

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in the archive installed is hurd_19991022.deb, which has the unclean
> filesystem at reboot "feature" removed :) It is the original patch, not the
> better version by Roland, but you won't notice easily. Rolands version will be
> in the next upload.
>
> As a gimmick, I also built and uploaded mutt, which will be installed
> tomorrow night. It's the best console MTA around, so give it a try!
>
> The new tar file was already announced. If someone who used it drops me
> a line that it works, I would appreciate that.

Perfection Marcus.  Down loaded 19991025.  It is loaded to a 990Mb partition.
Set it up with three extra 990Mb partitions that were settransed to /home, /Debs
and /Source, and also put the swap space in.  Loaded about 20 binary deb files.
Rebooted several times.  No corruptions,  all partitions clean.

Got the source for the latest version of bash and build it.  Re booted again,
all OK.  It also can see my Zip drive;  what is with this plug and play?

The final test.  Set it running a script, and cut the power.  When the disks
stopped making noises I switched the power on and rebooted multi user.  All
partitions were fscked  correctly.

Will now do battle to build the hurd.  Thanks earlier advise.  Got autoconf,
automake, dpkg stuff and some documentation on Debian.

See you soon

Chris

Thanks,