Re: DO NOT USE gnu-19991019.tar.gz; but I am, I am.

Hello Marcus,

Just come back to Debian Linux after running this tar ball.  I think it is great,  I
may keep it until your next issue.  It worked out of the box.  It is no problem
installing systems here,  have got three spare 990Mb partitions.

I think this one is the best yet.

Have made one interesting discovery.  Got a lot of Panic P 14 error message 000000;
also the Hurd would sometimes freeze when I ran settrans,  this is a PC hardware
error.  Do you remember all the stuff about SIG-11 and SIG-4, when building Linux
kernels and gcc.  People just did not clock their processor right, for this type of
load.  This machine has a K6 at 233 MHz; but it was bought second-hand from someone
who had over clocked it to 240MHz, and played computer games.  If I underclock down
to 200 MHz when running the Hurd, The Hurd gets more reliable;  I do this when doing
builds in Linux.