Re: Easy Guide / new tarball

> > Do you live near Cambridge, Mass.?  You're welcome to come and have a
> > look.
>
> :-) Indeed I do, but it's still probably easier for me to get you to do the
> legwork.

Feh.  Anyone for starting a Boston Hurd User Group?

> 	http://www.ai.mit.edu/people/roland/hurd/
> if you want to give it a try without rebuilding from source.  The
> (big) non-".stripped" files there have full debugging symbols; but
> since these are my binaries, I can figure some things out even
> from backtraces with raw addresses and no symbols.

I downloaded the big ones (thank heaven for cable modems).

shell-init: could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: Translator died

$ /hurd/ext2fs --help
/hurd/ext2fs: error in loading shared libraries: /lib/libdiskfs.so.0.2: undefined symbol: diskfs_name_max