Re: please test -- gnu-19991015.tar.gz

I tried the tarball, and the first thing that hit me is something
rather minor: the symlink /bin/sh is missing.  I added it, and then
everything went fairly okay.

Except that I couldn't NFS-mount the data partition from my other
(FreeBSD) box which contains a number of *.deb's to install.  I say:

    mkdir /slowfox
    settrans /slowfox /hurd/nfs slowfox:/home
    cd /slowfox

... and the system hangs.  The hang is interruptible (with Ctrl-C),
though.

I'll try ftp now and then I'll install a few packages, and then we
will see what happens.

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.