Re: more convenient way to change keymap

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:

> (I considered porting console-tools package by Debian developer Yann Dirson.
> This contains so many features that it would be a lot of work to peel out the
> few features that would work under Mach,

I am trying to port its loadkeys.

Could GNU Mach be changed to install its kd.h somewhere under
${includedir}?

> so I want to delay this until we
> have either the linux terminal or some cool native Hurd terminal available).

Will /hurd/term be extended to interpret scancodes and poke
characters in video memory, or do those features belong in a
separate program (/hurd/console)?