Re: Installation

   Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 00:23:50 +0000 (IST)
   From: "Ashutosh S. Rajekar" <asr@giaspna.vsnl.net.in>

   Hello,

   Today I tried to install the Hurd again. As expected, I met with no
   success, but I have got a new error message. This time I didn't supply the
   '-s' option to kernel=/boot/gnumach root=hd2s1 -s, and the new message was

   "/hurd/init: Using temporary console /tmp/console"
   "/hurd/init: Cannot execute /libexec/rc: No such file or directory"
   This could be a clue to the gurus about what is happening.

Not really.  The reason why /libexec/rc is not found is probably the
same reason why /bin/sh is not found.  You're sure they really are on
the disk?  hd2s1 is hdc3 under Linux!

The only thing that I can think of is the strange [PTBL] that's
printed in thge partition check for hd2:

   %%% Partition check
   %%%     hd0: hd0s1 hd0s2 hd0s4 < hd0s5 >
   %%%     hd2: [PTBL] [523/255/63] hd2s1 hd2s4 < h2ds5 hd2s6 hd2s7 hd2s8 >

(from your previous mail)

Probably an indication of a (nonstandard) partition scheme that's used
on the disk.  That could very well be the reason why parts of your
disk are inaccessable.  Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix this
:-(.  Can you access this partition with Linux 2.0.36?

Installing the Hurd on a partition on hd0 should work though!

Mark