Re: Time problems.

> My guess is that Hurd thinks my machine clock is set to GMT time,
> instead of local time, and Linux thinks (correctly) that it is set to
> local time.

That is probably indeed the problem.

> Any hints?  Am I doing something wrong?

Yes!  You're setting your machine clock to local time!  Machine clocks
ought to be in universal time, and the Hurd doesn't actually support
anything else at the moment.  The only reason to keep your machine clock in
local time is because DOS and Windows like it that way, but you wouldn't
run one of those systems, now would you?

Seriously, we will probably add a way to tell the system that your machine
clock is in local time, but it is not clear off hand how to do it and it
will definitely be a low priority.