Re: gmp2

Pavel Roskin <pavel_roskin@geocities.com> writes:

> In fact, gmp2 should be seriously modified to use Autoconf, Automake and
> Libtool.

Please talk with Torbjörn Granlund about that. autoconf is on the GMP
TODO list, although appearantly not scheduled for the next release.
See http://www.swox.com/gmp/.

If you can help with autoconf, I think that would be great. Note that
autoconfing gmp is probably a little different from most other
packages, ideally you will want to do some performace tests to aid
choice of algorithms etc. In my opinion, when changing the build
stuff, autoconfiscating should have a _lot_ higher priority than
converting the makefiles to use automake and libtool.

There's also an autoconf:ed version of gmp in the ssh-1.2.x dists, but
I haven't tried to evaluate that one.

Disclaimer: I'm a gmp user; I have met Torbjörn once, but I'm not
involved in the development.

/Niels