Some issues.

Hello!

I have sucessfully installed a basic Debian GNU/Hurd system on my
computer using the *-install scripts the easy guide.  Thanks!

No problems whatsoever.  I even recompiled GNUmach (to remove the slew
of drivers and reducing the kernel size by half) and Hurd from the CVS
source.  But don't worry I'll do my best to crash it. ;)

The only thing I am curious about is why 'make install' on hurd/ doesn't
also recurse on the subdirectories utils/ sutils/ and trans/?  I had to
do it manually.  No problem here, of course, of course.

Also, one thing I noticed is that /etc/localtime on Hurd is pointing to
/usr/share/localtime and /etc/timezone is a 1-byte file.  On normal
Debian/Linux systems, localtime points to /usr/share/localtime/xxx/yyy
and timezone contains "xxx/yyy".  (I bet this is the reason that all
files I create on hurd via linux become one day older then I boot into
hurd :P)

Also, I can't mount my 4 gig linux partition (but this is a bug already
mentioned here).

fc
--
http://www.riverrun.com.br/