GRUB and logical partitions followup

Hey,
    Ok. I've figured out why grub doesn't/didn't find my logical
partitions. GRUB only checks for extended partition type 0x5. My system
had an extended partition of type 0xf. Debian fdisk describes this as a
Win95 (LBA) extended partition. I retyped it to five and it work fine
(Course maybe my other software doesn't ...like partition magic in
win98).  At any rate GRUB should probably be patched to recognize type
0xf as extended as well (to whoever maintains GRUB now).

Cheers.

Alex