GRUB and logical partitions? (ver 0.5.91)

Hey,
    Still having trouble with grub. Firstly I'm using ver 0.5.91 so it
should be the latest version. Can grub not use logical partitions? I
have two logical partitions (in the extended partition) but grub only
sees my 3 primary and 1 extended.

Also, anyone know where I can shove a stage1.5 *not* on a file system.
The only file systems grub can read on my pc are located 6gb+ area of
the disk so LBA is needed. But LBA is only in stage1.5. So I tried
shoving stage1.5 in the area right after the mbr but it doesn't want to
load properly from there. (Yes, I set the location of stage2 in the menu
configuration field of stage1.5).

Any suggestions?

Alex