Re: my experiences

From: newsham@lava.net (Tim Newsham)
Subject: Re: my experiences
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:16:09 -1000 (HST)

>     hd02: badd access: block=28 count=2
>     end_request:  I/O error, dev 03:02 sector 28
>     Hurd Server bootstrap: ext2fs.static[hd0s7] exec

  This is the very problem that I'm investigating.

> and it just hangs there.  Hmm.. what is going on here?  I know
> that the partition is valid, I use it regularly in linux.  Does
> hurd have any problems with large disks (up until 2.2.*, linux
> would not properly recognize this drive as being larger than 8gig,
> even though it properly recognized other large drives in 2.0.36).

  GNU Mach should not recognize your drive corretly if Linux 2.0.36
cannot recoginize it, because GNU Mach uses Linux 2.0.36 device
drivers.

> what is the cause of this error?  Is there something I can do?

  Perhaps this error will happen when a drive is >8GB. Marcus's drive
is also >8GB. To fix the error, it is neccesary to examine the glue
code and the driver code entirely.

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /