Re: APT

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 05:13:49PM +0200, Per Lundberg wrote:
> > So, although there is room for improvement, this is easily circumvented by
> > having a lot of swap :)
>
> Yeah, I created a 100 meg swap partition. For some reason, though, Hurd
> says it's partially "marked as bad" or something equally weird.. and I
> can't figure out why. Is there a "free" command for Hurd?

If the partition is a linux swap partition, it will reckognize this and mark
the linux swap markup as "bad" to prevent destruction of the swap format
info. To prevent this, clear the partition with zeros or give other options
in servers.boot.

The "free" equivalent is "vmstat", "vminfo" for processes.