Re: new gnumach on alpha and more packages

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 10:23:55PM +0300, Jaakko Niemi wrote:

>  One thing did cross my mind:
>  System logging ? Is there such a thing as klogd for hurd?
>  Or can we (finally) (at least for hurd) split sysklogd ;)

Currently we use our own syslogd which is in inetutils. ROland already
suggetsed to port the Linux syslogd, so if you want to work on it you're
welcome.

A split would _then_ be very appropriate.

We don't have a klogd, but we have kmesg implemented by Okuji, IIRC. I don't
know what the status is.

>  I will try to get syslogd-ng to compile next weekend.

What's that?

BTW, can you try gnumach 1.1.92-4 on alpha.gnu.org on sushibar? The network
card would still not work but I would like to know if it boots.