Re: Mounting and more

On Tue, Jun 08, 1999 at 01:40:02PM +0200, Per Lundberg wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
>
> > > 1) How do I mount a CD? I tried 'settrans /dev/hd1 /hurd/isofs /mnt' and
> > > stuff like that, but it doesn't seem to work..
> > hat does "doesn't seem to work" mean?
>
> Actually, it did work. By the way, how do I remove a translator?

settrans -fg /mnt

(force goaway. I am still ashamed I didn't see that you swapped mount poitn
and device ;)

> > The isofs translator  has only rudimentary iso9660 support, and needs a lot
> > improvement. Maybe the CD was in another format?
>
> It was a regular RockRidge extensions format. But it seems to work just
> perfect now, with long filenames and stuff.

That's more than I expected... somehow my last tests didn't work so well.
Have to try it again!

> > That would be great!
>
> A first thing I was thinking of is ncftp. Has anybody tried this?

Not me. Maybe Brent.

> And yeah, another thing; apt-get doesn't seem to know it is running on a
> hurd-i386 architecture and therefore tries to download stuff from the
> wrong place.. is there a way to work around this? I'm at work now with a
> direct connection, so a working apt-get would be real niec.

apt-get works for you? Wow. Okay, I will try to update apt, now that we have
X and all...

> (Yes, my employee lets me play with the Hurd during work hours. It's
> called "personal evolution". :-)

Lucky you ;)

"The purpose of Free Software is Free Software.
The End and the Means are the same."  -- Craig Sanders

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>