Re: FW: Guile works!

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 09:16:43AM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:

> This allows GNU to build shared libraries, etc.  I'm noticing
> that a lot of times these rules say "Linux", but there is really
> nothing Linux-specific about them -- they really mean EGCS or
> GCC compiler semantics.
>
> I wonder if this should be changed in all upstream stuff,
> although I shudder to think of the effort involved.

Of course it must change in all upstream stuff that is lacking proper Hurd
support. There is no other way.

Luckily, it's not too bad. As I said, most packages which use autoconf also
use libtool, and we only nee dtp tweak one place. For the other, we just
have to cope with it. That's what porting is about.