Pipes in Hurd

For some reason, now that Hurd boots up with only a disk driver error (and
it claims that hd12 won't respond to I/O...not surprising, since there is
no hd12), pipes refuse to work.  Three examples:

	./MAKEDEV: cannot make pipes for command substitution: Protocol
family not supported
	/sbin/e2os: cannot make pipes for command substitution: Protocol
family not supported
	dpkg-deb: failed to create pipe: Protocol family not supported

I assume this is an error in my Hurd installation, but I have no idea how
to correct it.

Fred Ross, a.k.a. Sgath
http://www.ls.net/~fred/homepage/