PLease verify your timezone setting.

Hello,

please verifythat /etc/localtime is not a bogus link and that the timezone
is set up correctly (remove /etc/localtime and /etc/timezone if in doubt and
rerun tzselect or tzconfig).

The current installation does not give a sane end result. There is more
behind it but I have not yet figured out which parts are responsible for the
bugs I see.

For example, if /etc/localtime is a link to some directory, tzconfig will
not work (a bug in the script I think, which uses -sf to override
etc/localtime).

But when I set TZ to some timezone, some RPC seems to hang, too, when
/etc/localtime is bogus.

I need to investigate this, so no bug report yet, but if anybody else is
interested, just have a go and try various combinations of /etc/localtime
/good and bogus ones) and what effect setting TZ and running tzconfig has.
Be prepared to reboot. A good test is also running "make strftlng" in
gawk-3.0.3/test. It will hang when /etc/localtime is a bogus link to a
directory (but you can suspend the job and kill it).