Re: ITP: mig (hurd-i386)

[ reply to debian-hurd ].

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> It will be hurd-i386 only. Not that it can't be compiled and used for other
> arhces, too, but it will be completely useless to them. We don't want
> unnecessary bloat, do we?
>
> There is a cross mig for i386 there, it is in a seperate package maintained
> by Santiago. They can probably be merged.

Go ahead :-)

If you like, you may just take the existing cross mig, change a few bits
of it and call it "native". I would maintain it myself but my building
environment at the University is currently broken because of the Linux
2.0.36 drivers in gnumach.

Regarding merging of both MIGs, being the simple package it is, I don't
think it would worth the effort.

Thanks.

--
 "4ae3e4f945858a4215f91b2a80e1091f" (a truly random sig)