Re: boot floppies [was: an important task]

From: Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org>
Subject: Re: boot floppies [was: an important task]
Date: 29 Apr 1999 16:25:22 -0600

> bzip2 decompression, which is a free block-sorting algorithm that
> yields smaller files than gzip at the expense of some extra time and
> memory.

  If you mentioned the unzip patch for Hurd, that's me. :-)

  My patch enables serverboot to decompress gz and bz2 format as well
as exec and libstore to decompress bz2 format. By using this patch,
you can compress the executables that serverboot executes, such as fs
server.

ftp://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/pub/hurd/hurd-19980812-unzip.patch.gz

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /