Re: www.gnu.org

 MCV> The problem is that the new hurd pages are /software/hurdtest
 MCV> and /hurd-noframes. Those are up-to-date I think.

The exact problem is that hurdtest has the up-to-date information, but
is in a format that makes things very ugly for browsers that don't
support frames.

hurd-noframes was my initial attempt to create nice-looking web pages
that have roughly the same structure as hurdtest.

If some volunteer could do the actual work of changing hurdtest to use
the same layout found in hurd-noframes, then I'd be willing to declare
hurdtest a replacement for the current Hurd pages.  Another option
would be for somebody to move the information in hurdtest into the old
(non-frames) layout.

As it stands, I'm not sure whether it's worse to have clean web pages
that are out-of-date, or non-portable web pages that are up-to-date. :(

In dilemmas such as this, I vote for the status quo.

I'll certainly fix up the pages if nobody else gets to it in the next
two weeks.  I've just been preoccupied with personal matters lately,
which leaves me lots of time to philosophize, but virtually no time to
accomplish real work. ;)

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)