Re: Filesystem support (and wondering about current projects ,and a crash)

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 09:04:09PM -0400, David Waite wrote:
> Oh yes, I did have a crash yesterday, while running dpkg. First of all for
> some reason dpkg would not work without me overriding the architecture (i386
> instead of Hurd-i386, or vice versa, I forget), and then I crashed when I
> was trying to install all of the devel packages - it was on
> libc-0.2-debug... I think, which makes me think it just required too much
> memory and died - I have 128 Megs, no swap.

Yeah, libc-0.2-dbg package is 34 MB or so, compressed :)

You don't need it anyway, most likely.

However, you are using a somewhat old version of dpkg, the one in teh Debian
archive. A later one with many problems hacked around is on alpha.gnu.org,
eh, was, try a mirror.