Re: Filesystem support

From: Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@trick.fig.org>
Subject: Re: Filesystem support
Date: 20 Apr 1999 09:25:07 -0600

> If OKUJI says he is working on VT support in Mach, I would assume it
> means he's doing it because there are other benefits as well.  If not,
> then I would assume it is not high on his priority list, and that he
> won't bother doing it if somebody makes VTs available in some other
> way.

  I said I would support VT in gnumach, just because Linux console
driver has VT support. There is no reason that I must omit VT code
from the driver. If the benefit were only VT support, I would not want
to port it to gnumach.

> The simple explanation for the slow development of the Hurd always has
> been, and still is, the fact that very few people are doing real work
> on it.  If you did the `minor tuning' that is necessary to build a
> Debian package of GNU screen and submit the patches to its maintainer,
> then you will have contributed a great gift to us.  I'd encourage you
> to consider that.

  That's right. I think the top priority is that we encourage more
volunteers to help the development. ;-)

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /