Re: Filesystem support

On Tue, Apr 20, 1999 at 02:37:53PM +0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Now I understand why GNU Hurd is developped so slowly.

No, you don't  :)

> There is already a
> user-space VT implementation (screen), made by GNU itself, which just
> needs minor tuning (it even compiles out-of-box).

But it doesn't run. We tried. We have tried to fix it. We have dropped it
because it took up too much valuable time (we fixed some problems but not
all).

We need to fix up the Hurd console before we can use screen (or hack in
screen instead). I don't know if the Hurd console is fixed in latest
versions, but I will find out soon. screen is medium priority. Feel free to
make it working and send in your patches!

In the meantime, you can use EMACS to get the same effect :)