Re: Comments.

 >> If the idea here is to harvest interest in the HURD, it won't help
 >> to alienate people who don't run Debian Linux. I'm very pleased
 >> that, yes, you can get all of the debian packages to build and run
 >> under it, but must it be so biased?

Yes, we must be so biased.

We don't have enough resources to support multiple competing
distributions.  All the Hurd developers need to stand behind a single
distribution, and it's Debian.

In order to get us to abandon Debian, you'd have to provide an
*excellent* reason (and `hard to install' doesn't cut it when you're
dealing with people who hack new OSes as their day job). ;)

If you're thinking of doing something like starting a competing
distribution, please think again.  That would be a fork, and would
make my work of making the Hurd popular a lot harder.

Thanks for asking, though,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org>  //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
Committed to freedom and diversity \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)