Re: Filesystem support

From: "David Waite" <mass@ufl.edu>
Subject: Filesystem support
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:22:23 -0400

> I am wondering how far different filesystem support is for Hurd, and what is
> needed.  I was unable to get most of my CDs to read in Hurd, it looks to be
> due to lack of support for extensions (notably MS's Joliet Extensions, which
> is what a lot of CD-R programs default to now). I also couldn't find support
> for FAT or FAT32.

  That's right. But note that if you want to use FAT filesystem, you
may use mtools or FDclone. I tested mtools under GNU/Hurd about 6
months ago, and it worked for me.

> Other than some problems with it seemingly locking up when I type in a wrong
> command, and me horribly missing support for linux virtual terminals, it all

  You should mention what caused it to lock up exactly. Just "locking
up" won't help us to fix the problem.

  BTW "missing suport for linux virtual terminals" seems to be strange
for me, as Hurd is not Linux. I don't think it's desirable to make
Hurd "Linux-clone" at all.

OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>           ^o-o^
http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (in English)     m /