Filesystem support

<first post alert>

Hi, I am brand-new to Hurd, and while I haven't quite got it booting on its
own yet, I do have it booting to the partition using GRUB on a floppy.

I am wondering how far different filesystem support is for Hurd, and what is
needed.  I was unable to get most of my CDs to read in Hurd, it looks to be
due to lack of support for extensions (notably MS's Joliet Extensions, which
is what a lot of CD-R programs default to now). I also couldn't find support
for FAT or FAT32.

Other than some problems with it seemingly locking up when I type in a wrong
command, and me horribly missing support for linux virtual terminals, it all
looks rather interesting. I'll stay away from mentioning the problems I have
had or things I have not yet figured out until I get a bit more experience
with Hurd and idle on the mailing list a bit more, but it all looks rather
interesting

-David Waite