Re: Wrong MAKEDEV

   Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 16:51:30 +0200
   From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>

   On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 06:43:04PM +0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:

   > 2) /dev/time cannot be created. Upgrade to bash-2.03, it executes
   > /dev/MAKEDEV properly.

   Yes, bash 2.02 is pretty buggy. Unfortunately there is no Debian package of
   bash 2.02 yet. I would be happoer only to recompile it for the Hurd when
          ^^^
           3

   the new version is on the Debian server. If this doesn't happen any time
   soon, I'll probably have to make sure a NMU is made (or make my own).

IIRC a workaround for this problem is in the current CVS version of
the Hurd's MAKEDEV.

Mark