Re: Wrong MAKEDEV

On Fri, Apr 16, 1999 at 06:43:04PM +0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Try the attached patch. It specifies --admindir explicitly. This is
> sufficient for my setup. Hopefully, it will work for you as before.

Thanks, this is the ideal solution.

> Remaining problems:
>
> 1) The is no link to perl from perl5.00404, and native-install doesn't
> handle it properly. At least it tries to use perl before the link is
> created.

What do you mean with "native-install doesn't handle it properly"? Seems
that something went wrong for you. I call perl, but only after I run "dpkg
--pending --configure" twice, which should configure perl.

> 2) /dev/time cannot be created. Upgrade to bash-2.03, it executes
> /dev/MAKEDEV properly.

Yes, bash 2.02 is pretty buggy. Unfortunately there is no Debian package of
bash 2.02 yet. I would be happoer only to recompile it for the Hurd when
the new version is on the Debian server. If this doesn't happen any time
soon, I'll probably have to make sure a NMU is made (or make my own).