Re: Wrong MAKEDEV

On Wed, Apr 14, 1999 at 10:47:49AM +0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Have you seen the native MAKEDEV? It works basically, except that some
> devices are created in the root directory.
> It also triggers a bug in bash-2.02 ("time" inside "case" statement),
> which is corrected in bash-2.03

If you've 1) got a wrong makedev and 2) got broken pipes, then most likely
you didn't follow the instructions within the cross-install script to the
letter. Instead of trying to fix things, please re-install the entire thing
from scratch. Some of the packages in binary-hurd-i386/main/base should
*NOT* be installed, mainly those linked back to binary-all/base.

This situation will eventually be fixed.

For me, makedev works fine, as well as pipes. When I had the same problems
as you, it was because I hadn't followed directions.

--
..Aaron Van Couwenberghe... ..vanco@sonic.net.. ..aaronv@debian.org....
	Berlin:			http://www.berlin-consortium.org

"...Nothing astonishes men so much as common sense and plain dealing..."
	-- Ralph Waldo Emerson