Re: quinn diff and new packages for you to sink your teeth into

From: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Subject: quinn diff and new packages for you to sink your teeth into
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 01:47:24 +0100

> I uploaded the new gnumach 19990116, it is already installed in the archive.
> It is much better than the previous version, for example, the mysterious IRQ
> errors at boot time do not appear any more :) I also added kmsg, so syslog
> can provide some useful functionality in the future (similar to
> syslogd/klogd under Linux).

  I recommend that Debian doesn't use kmsg yet, because I'm changing
it heavily. I have already changed it from a random device to a
sequential device in 19990120, which is not uploaded anywhere. And so
hurd-kmsg translator no longer work. It will be supported by
"streamio" translator that I'm going to implement.

~o o~    OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
 s  )    http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (check "okuji.asc" !)