Re: Hurd not cleanly unmounting filesystems?

On Sat, Jan 16, 1999 at 08:07:49PM +0000, M.C. Vernon wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> 	Whenever I leave hurd, I use this command sequence:
>
> sync
> reboot
>
> However, whether I then  go back to hurd or linux, they both report that
> the filesystems were not cleanly unmounted :(

This happened with GNU 0.2, but the Debian packages should not have this
defect.

Old versions didn't tag the disk as clean, but newer Hurd packages should do
this. I do not see this. In fact, the "sync" should be unnecessary, too.

One question: Are you really using the Hurd reboot command, or the Linux
reboot command? You don't have installed some sysvinit for Hurd, have you?