Re: base/Install Package

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 02:32:51PM -0700, Max wrote:
> Ok, the two problems I noticed with the base package when I installed it
> last night:
> no /etc/fstab, so fsck will always halt, giving as single user boot.
> Quite easy to fix
> <root device> / ext2fs defaults 1 1
> Perhaps that should be part of a first time install script (ie, native
> install)

Yes, thanks for the example, I'll include.

> Second, /etc/protocols would be nice: (Here are the main important
> entries)
> An example resolv.conf would be useful, but not strictly neccesary.
> I didn't check if /etc/services is there.

You already mentioned netbase :) I tried to cross compile it, but the
Makefile didn't honour CC, so it didn't work. I had not time to investigate,
I think I will simply try a native build. Expect something tomorrow.

If you are connected to a network, I would be happy if you try to test the
network things as much as possible, as I can't.
(Is PPP over analog modem supported?)