Re: A problem I can't solve

> You may be right, but a package that installed both /usr/lib/foo and
> /lib/foo would have to be perverse, in my opinion.  Both are searched
> by default, so one is as good as the other, except when /usr is not
> mounted.  Because /lib comes first (I think), and / is always mounted,
> installing /usr/lib/libfoo.so.1 when /lib/libfoo.so.1 exists would
> have no effect.

Well, then we think alike.  A package that installed both /usr/bin/foo and
/bin/foo would have to be perverse, in my opinion.  Both are searched by
default, so one is as good as the other, except when /usr is not mounted.

Recall now that all of this was prompted by a package that did just that.
So go figure.