Warning: Absolute links to shared libraries.

Hello,

for everyone doing cross compilation:

Debian packages sometimes contain absolute links from library sonames.

For example, /usr/lib/libreadline.so is an absolute link to
/lib/libreadline.so.2.1.

Do I need to say that this screwes cross compilation? I am not sure how much
breaks, but it is not nice mixing Hurd and Linux stuff this way. It _may_ be
that all goes well (at least it compiled), but I am not sure and it does not
feel to be the right thing.

So please make sure your links are all relative, so they work if the hurd
partition is mounted.

I am currently recompiling most of my packages because of this and the
preprocessor problem I mentioned in my other mail.