Re: Looking for Hurd FTP mirror sites

Hi!

 JB> Suggestions on what to put there are welcome -
 JB> presumably, apointer to alpha.gnu.org is the important thing.

Actually, it's not as important as two others:

http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd.html
http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/debian-gnu-hurd.html

are the official FSF pages regarding the Hurd and Debian GNU/Hurd.

It is best if you don't put in a pointer to alpha.gnu.org: instead,
refer to debian-gnu-hurd.html, and we will provide a list of mirrors
from that page.

In short, the best approach is to decide whether a given page should
be officially maintained by Debian or the FSF, and then just have the
other do a link.

Marcus' pages, for example, would be a good thing to have on
www.debian.org, and then I will make a like from www.gnu.org to them.

Presumably, debian.org will also have a top-level page as a parallel
to our debian-gnu-hurd.html page, which does nothing except redirect
people to the pages with real information in them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're doing this.  I look forward to working with
you,

--
 Gordon Matzigkeit <gord@fig.org> //\ I'm a FIG (http://www.fig.org/)
    Lovers of freedom, unite!     \// I use GNU (http://www.gnu.org/)

Copyright (C) 1998 FIG.org; the creator offers you this gift and wants it
to remain free.  See http://www.fig.org/freedom.html for details.
  This work may be copied, modified and distributed under the GNU General
  Public License (GPL).  See http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html.