Why would I want this?

Hi Everyone.
I currently run a few debian linux systems. I enjoy the flexability,
configurability and freedom of the licensing. I'm not a programer, but
I can compile and install linux ported software. I don't believe unix
is the 'best' OS, but I don't know what else might be.

So what could installing Debian/Hurd do for me?
And if it's all a bit early, what will it do for me?

I'm pretty happy with my SMP linux box running XFree86 and Window
maker. Could I do this with HURD? Are there any/many applications that
can be compiled on HURD? Mozilla, xemacs?

--
Binary Bar - Australia's first free access internet bar/cafe/gallery.
243 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Australia. 3pm - 1am