Re: Have my PA8800 back online...

On 2017-12-04 9:54 AM, Helge Deller wrote:
On 04.12.2017 15:42, John David Anglin wrote:
I believe you need to change console to ttyS0 with v4.14.x.
Yes that solved it (see the bottom part of my earlier mail :-)), but was unexpected, as in the past the console used by the iLO MP of the rp3440 was always ttyS1.

I think this is a palo bug.  The rp3440 has a ATI RV100 graphics interface that doesn't work.  Early units
had a VGA connector on the back.  Latter, it was completely covered over.  It looks like palo has selected
the graphics interface rather than the serial ttyS0 port.
No, palo will not choose the graphics card if it wasn't started on graphics console.

But the snippet that Frank posted showed the graphics console was selected:

[...]
[    0.001572] Console: colour dummy device 160x64
[    0.002947] console [tty0] enabled

Dave

--
John David Anglin  dave.anglin@bell.net