Re: How to get a new palo source package into unstable?

Hi Thorsten,

On 01/11/2014 11:46 PM, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Helge Deller dixit:
>> Since I'm not a debian-developer, I don't know how to get this package
>> into debian unstable again.
>
> Does it build on, and is it useful, on release architectures?
> (For example, we have mac-fdisk on m68k which is also used on powerpc.)

Yes, it is useful for other architectures like ia32/amd64.
With it, you e.g. create the bootable images for parisc. For that
it puts together the root file system, the 32- and 64-bit linux kernels and
the native bootloader into one file which can be burnt to CD or booted
via TFTP.

When palo was still in the debian 5.0 it was built for all architectures.

> If yes, you can get it into unstable using the normal ways, that is,
> using a Debian Developer as sponsor, or by becoming DM.

Either one is fine for me.
Maybe it makes more sense if I can become a DM ?
If yes, how?

> If no (such as atari-fdisk on m68k), you can only upload it to the
> “unreleased” distribution on debian-ports.org. For that, you merely
> need upload rights (“porter upload”) there, from Aurélien.

I did uploaded the palo binary deb package (for hppa) to the unreleased distro.
So, it's there since weeks, but for a debootstrap/debian-cd-installation it
needs to be at least in unstable too.

Helge