How to get a new palo source package into unstable?

Hello everyone,

as you might have noticed, we did huge progress on the HPPA (PA-RISC) port:
http://buildd.debian-ports.org/stats/

In order to be able to boot parisc machines, the hppa port needs the "palo" debian package.
"PALO" is the "PA-RISC boot loader" and a boot-loader-image generator, similar to
"lilo" on i386 or "silo" on sparc.

palo has been part of the debian repository when parisc was still a fully-supported
debian architecture, but was dropped when debian 6.0 was released.

I've continued to maintain and further develop palo.
The new palo git repository is now at:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/deller/palo.git
and the source should compile and run on all plattforms.
A simple checkout and dpkg-buildpackage should work.

Since I'm not a debian-developer, I don't know how to get this package into debian unstable again.
What is the usual process to get a new/old package back into debian unstable?
Maybe someone of you who has a debian developer rights is willing to upload the
source package?

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Helge Deller