Re: Should be fixed now.

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:58:02PM +0100, Julien Cristau <jcristau@debian.org> was heard to say:
> reopen 557982
> kthxbye
>
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 12:28:31 -0800, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>
> >   With any luck, this is fixed in 0.5.16-1 in unstable.  I addressed the
> > problem by having the tests query for the system limit on the number of
> > threads they could create, then stop at that many.  Hopefully that
> > should get them to pass on hppa, but obviously I can't test that myself,
> > so please let me know if it fails again.
> >
> Looks like it failed again.
> https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=cwidget;ver=0.5.16-1;arch=hppa;stamp=1259584731
>
> debian-hppa, any clue why cwidget would get an error when trying to
> create 50 threads, and how to fix this?

  According to the build logs for 0.5.16-2, it successfully creates
37 new threads, failing on the 38th.  More annoyingly, it looks like
sysconf is not reporting the existence of a limit on the number of
threads the test can create; both tests are trying to create their
default number of threads (the number of threads to create would have
been lowered to the limit had sysconf indicated that there was a
limit -- I thought maybe I had an off-by-one error in how I was
computing the limit, but apparently that's not the case).

  Anyway, the build looks like it succeeded now that the failed
pthread_create is ignored.

  Daniel