Re: RES: State of XOrg in testing/unstable

joni@connect.fi wrote:
> Strange. I have UP1100 motherboard with  ATI Technologies Inc RV280
> [Radeon 9200 PRO] controller and total lock up still after unstable was
> going for Xorg instead of XFree86. Kernel is self compiled 2.16.18 for
> "nautilus". The hardware setup is almost the same and you have no
> problems.. ?
>
> Anyway the machine has been unusable with X almost 5 moths now.. :(

To clarify X hasn't worked since the move from 6.9 but it does run. I get an impressionist image and moveable square which represents the mouse, as I can move it about. My suspicion is some change to the PCI code/memory map as I imagine hardly anyone in i386 land has a PCI graphics card. Does the UP1100 have an AGP socket, some of the UP series did, didn't they?

Simon