Re: debian-31r0a-hppa-binary-1.iso B2600 Kernel panic: High PrioritMachine Check (HPMC)

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 11:29:54AM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> We need to know what the parameters to inb are.
> I fear another ISA/x86 behavior where the driver is poking around
> in random IO space that no one owns.

You are correct. A cursory reading of the driver shows that when
the joystick is at 0x200. Grepping around the kernel shows that a
a number of other drivers put their joysticks at 0x200, which leads me
to believe that this is a `convention` like the VGA ports.

I imagine that if the card behaved well, it would declare it's io ports
in PCI config space?

Cheers,
--
Kyle McMartin